Welcome to have fun at Linnanmäki during the 2020 season!
We have put together an information package about visiting the park during these exceptional circumstances to make your visit run more smoothly. Here you will find information about rides, food, and procedures in the park during the 2020 season. If you have any questions you can contact us by using the feedback form on our website here.
You can download the information package for a healthy and safe amusement park day here.
Please be responsible
- Thank you for being a responsible guest at Linnanmäki, and for doing your best to ensure that everyone has a healthy and fun day. We are committed to removing those guests from the park who are not being considerate of your health.
Please do not come to the park feeling sick
- However, if you start feeling sick during the day, please exit the park immediately. If you need to stay and wait for a safe ride home, we have reserved a specific area for this purpose. Please ask our staff for more information.
Our Fun Masters are looking after you
- All our Fun Masters have been trained in our hygiene and safety measures in order to ensure that you have a safe and fun visit. We will do our utmost to ensure that your day in the park is safe for your health, but we cannot guarantee that no one is infected in the park. If required, you can always ask our Fun Masters for further instructions relating to your day in the park. We are here for you!
General Instructions for Symptom Assessment
- Symptoms of coronavirus include fever, cough, headaches, nausea, diarrhoea, muscle pain, sore throat, cold, laboured breathing, and loss of taste or smell.
- Make a symptom assessment or call the coronavirus information service if necessary
- Helsinki residents over the age of 16 can complete a COVID-19 symptom check-up online at omaolo.fi. The Omaolo service provides instructions and advises to book a coronavirus test if necessary.
- People who live in Helsinki can also book a COVID-19 test by calling the coronavirus information service on 09 310 10024 (8 am–6 pm daily). If the coronavirus information service is closed and the symptoms are mild you can call the information service the following morning. If it is urgent you can call the Medical helpline on 116 117. This line is open 24/7.
- Those who are not residents of Helsinki should contact their local health care services if symptoms of COVID-19 appear.
- You can find more information about coronavirus on www.thl.fi and www.hel.fi/koronavirus.
Having fun in the amusement park
When will Linnanmäki open for the 2020 season of fun?
What is the maximum number of visitors in the park?
- We will limit the number of visitors to approximately a quarter of our maximum capacity, i.e. around 7,000 visitors at a time. Under normal circumstances the seven-hectare amusement park has a capacity of over 20,000 visitors.
- Entry to Linnanmäki will remain free this summer, but after the capacity for each day has been filled the gates will be closed until enough people have left the park. After this we can admit more visitors to Linnanmäki.
- You may enter the park with a pre-bought, day-specific wristband (Day Fun wristband) or day-specific ride ticket (Day Fun ride ticket) even if the gates of the park are temporarily closed. If you have already bought a Linnanmäki wristband or gift card it is also possible to reserve a day-specific park ticket free of charge to make sure that you can enter the park on the day of your choice. You can buy and reserve tickets here.
- Season Fun pass holders can always access the park as we reserve a part of the daily quota for these visitors.
Getting to Linnanmäki during the 2020 season
Have there been any changes in getting to Linnanmäki? Are the normal parking services in use during the 2020 season?
- Linnanmäki’s Park & Walk service is available during the 2020 season. Remote parking in Aimo Park in Vallila (Elimäenkatu 15) costs €3/24 h. You can find more information about this service on our website.
Have special arrangements been made at the park gates this year?
- There are separate lanes for entering and exiting the park. We have marked out separate areas for arriving and departing visitors at both gates. You can find the correct lane by following the arrows and red footprints of Rolle the Clown on the ground. If there is a queue to enter the amusement park you must remember to keep at least one metre from other groups in the queue.
- Safety checks are carried out by the gates as usual.
Ticket sales during the 2020 season
What should I take into account when buying tickets during the 2020 season?
- Just like in previous years, wristbands and other ticket products are valid throughout the 2020 season.
- Wristbands and other ticket products are sold in Linnanmäki’s ticket office, restaurants, and shops. Wristbands are also sold at the games by the main gate: Tikat, Onnenveto and the Taffel Wheel of Fortune. Wristbands are also sold in the S-Groups’ advance sale outlets. You can find more information about this on our website.
- You may enter the park with a pre-bought, day-specific wristband (Day Fun wristband) or day-specific ride ticket (Day Fun ride ticket) that you have purchased in the online shop even if the gates of the park are temporarily closed.
- If you have already bought a Linnanmäki wristband or gift card it is possible to reserve a day-specific park ticket free of charge to make sure that you can enter the park on the day of your choice.
- You can buy and reserve tickets here.
Have the rules changed for the Season Fun pass?
- There have been no changes to the validity and use of Season Fun passes. Season Fun pass holders can enter the park every day even if the visitors’ quota has been filled.
Can I buy a wristband for a specific day?
- To ensure access to the park on a specific day you can buy a Day Fun wristband (€42) for the day of your choosing in our online shop. In this case the wristband is only valid on that day, but you are guaranteed entry even if the visitors’ quota has been filled. The confirmation email you receive from the online shop will contain a download link to a PDF document which shows the validity of the wristband and a code that is used to collect the wristband at Linnanmäki’s ticket office. If the visitors’ quota for the day has not yet been filled, you can enter the park without showing your day ticket. If the visitors’ quota is nearly full, we will ask you to show your day ticket at the park gates to make sure that you can enter the park that day.
- You can also buy a day-specific ride ticket, i.e. a Day Fun ride ticket (€9) for the day of your choice. The confirmation email you receive from the online shop will contain a download link to a PDF document which shows the validity of the ride ticket and a code that is used to collect the ride ticket at Linnanmäki’s ticket office. If the amusement park is closed because the visitors’ quota has been filled, you will be able to enter by showing the PDF of your Day Fun ride ticket to a Linnanmäki staff member.
- If you have already bought a Linnanmäki wristband or gift card for the 2020 season it is possible to reserve a day-specific park ticket free of charge to make sure that you can enter the park on the day of your choice.
- You can buy and reserve tickets here.
Can I give my child cash to use in the amusement park, will you accept it?
- We recommend that our customers make contactless or card payments during their fun day in the park, but of course we will also accept cash payments.
I can’t fasten the wristband myself, will your Fun Masters help?
- Even if we recommend that groups fasten each other’s wristbands during these exceptional circumstances, of course Linnanmäki’s Fun Masters will always help when required. We are also happy to advise you on how to fasten the wristband. There are also digital screens in the park that show you how to fasten the wristband.
Do I need to queue for Linnanmäki’s ticket office to buy a wristband?
- You can avoid queuing and save money by buying the wristband ahead of time from the S-Group’s advance sale outlets. If you have bought a wristband from the S-Group you can board the rides directly instead of having to exchange it at the ticket office. If you have already bought a Linnanmäki wristband or gift card for the 2020 season it is possible to reserve a day-specific park ticket free of charge to make sure that you can enter the park on the day of your choice. You can reserve tickets here. When reserving your day you will be asked to enter the reference number on the wristband or gift card.
- Wristbands and other ticket products are also sold in Linnanmäki’s ticket office, kiosks, shops, and the games by the main gate.
I already have a wristband and I want to make sure that I can access the park on a specific day. What should I do?
- If you already have a wristband you can reserve a spot in the quota for a specific day in our online shop. Please present your ticket product and the day-specific reservation confirmation when you arrive at Linnanmäki. If the visitors’ quota for the day has not yet been filled, you can enter the park without showing your quota ticket. If the visitors’ quota is nearly full, we will ask you to show your ticket product and quota reservation at the park gates to make sure that you can enter the park that day.
I want to make sure that I can enter the park, but I do not want to buy a wristband. What should I do?
- You can purchase entry for a specific day in our online shop by buying a Day Fun ride ticket (€9) which also gives you access to one ride. Your order confirmation will contain a link for you to download a PDF document which shows the validity and reference number for your Day Fun ride ticket. Use this reference number to pick up a ride ticket that you can use in the park at Linnanmäki’s ticket office.
Where I can pick up my Day Fun Wristband or Day Fun Ride Ticket in the amusement park?
You can pick up your Day Fun Wristband or Day Fun Ride Ticket by showing your PDF-ticket from following places:
- The ticket counters (opposite the Taiga launch coaster)
- Taffel Wheel of Fortune (at the Main Entrance)
- Tikat-game (at the Main Entrance)
- Cafe Donitsi Kiosk (Next to Kahvikuppikaruselli)
- Kiosk Vekkula (Next to Kirnu)
What should we take into account when eating in the park during the 2020 season?
- Please wash your hands carefully with soap and dry them before eating. All our kiosks and restaurants provide hand sanitizer, and we hope customers will use it.
- Please keep a safe distance from other customers and the staff and avoid walking around the restaurant unnecessarily.
Is there something I should take into account when using the food outlets?
- Please keep a safe distance from other customers and the staff.
- We recommend primarily making contactless or card payments.
- Please remember the instructions for hand hygiene, coughing and sneezing.
- Our outlets also sell hand sanitizer.
Have you changed your selection of treats or the way you operate?
- We have increased the amount of cleaning and wiping down contact surfaces with disinfectant, particularly door handles, payment terminals, toilets, food service counters, and kitchens. We offer our customers hand sanitizer at our customer service desks and we have added hand wash stations by the food outlets.
- During this season customers will be handed all food by the staff rather than filling their own plates. We have increased the number of takeaway products, and these can be eaten on the terraces of the restaurants, but also on the sun terrace by Spice Ice on Minimäki and on the new outdoor takeaway terrace by the Estradi stage.
How do we keep a safe distance when eating?
- To make sure people can keep a sufficient distance, only half of the indoor seating of restaurants will be in use. The tables outside have been spaced out to allow people to keep their distance. We have also increased the number of outdoor eating areas.
Is there something I should pay attention to when queuing during the 2020 season?
- To avoid queues, some food outlets are offering a queue number system so that people can keep their distance from others while waiting for their turn. The outlets also have queuing directions to avoid crowds forming.
Are all Linnanmäki’s restaurants and food outlets open?
- Restaurant Caruzello’s buffet is closed during the 2020 season.
- Linnanmäki’s Cotton Candy School is also taking a break during these exceptional circumstances.
A game-filled day in the amusement park!
The amusement park games are a favourite in my family, and we love competing at them. Are all the games available this year?
- All our games are open and impatiently waiting for players!
How do you ensure good hygiene at the games?
- The games are disinfected regularly, and we are offering our customers hand sanitizer which we recommend that they use before playing. If required, the staff members will offer guidance on how to play safely. We prefer that you pay for the games by card rather than cash.
Can we expect changes to the games during this season?
- In some games the players stand very close to each other. For these games, the staff will instruct players in keeping a safe distance so that people form different groups do not stand next to each other.
Can you buy game tickets at the games?
- You can by game and ride tickets from the staff working at the games, and you can also buy wristbands from the games by the main gate. We also sell bottles of hand sanitizer and rain ponchos at the games.
Are all Linnanmäki’s shops open during the 2020 season?
- Shop Caramelli and Shop Taiga are open when the amusement park is open. Shop Rolle will not open its doors at the start of the season. You can see up-to-date opening hours on our website. Shop Rolle’s fun sweets are also included in the extensive selection of Shop Caramelli. Our Fun Masters would be happy to help you find your favourite treats.
Do the shops sell hygiene products?
- We sell hand sanitizer in all shops and many other outlets in Linnanmäki. We have also increased the number of hand wash stations in the park and placed hand sanitizer dispensers near the rides and games. Shop Caramelli sells both plain and flower-patterned, individually wrapped fabric masks.
Is there something I should pay attention to when queuing during the 2020 season?
- At busier times Shop Caramelli will be using a queue number system to make it easy to keep a safe distance from others inside the shop. Customers can take a number from a stand and the number of the next customer is displayed by the till. When queuing in Shop Taiga customers should stay at least one metre apart.
Have you changed your selection of treats or the way you operate?
- Linnanmäki’s shops have an extensive selection of souvenirs and treats for every palate. We have adapted our range of services and changed the way customers get their products so that they are now handed over by a member of staff rather than picked by the customer. Shop Caramelli is still offering its familiar slushies served by staff members, and the flavoured popcorn popped in the park is bagged up and ready to go. Shop Caramelli also stocks the popular long liquorice strings and an extensive collection of other sweets. We also sell souvenirs with a Linnanmäki theme in our online shop, which is open all year round.
Fun rides in Linnanmäki
How are rides organised during the 2020 season?
- When queuing for the rides at Linnanmäki you should keep at least one metre away from other visitors. We will remind our customers of this often. The attraction staff will instruct visitors to queue on the right or left hand side or in the middle of the queue. At the following attractions visitors will also be guided with the help of Rolle the Clown’s footsteps: Maisemajuna, Vuoristorata, Salama and Viikinkilaiva.
- There are hand sanitizer dispensers at or near all rides.
How often are the attractions cleaned at Linnanmäki?
- The contact surfaces of Linnanmäki’s attractions are cleaned several times a day,
Have the staff been trained to maintain hygiene?
- Our attraction staff have been trained in working safely on the rides and looking after everyone’s hygiene. Our staff members also have hand sanitizer by their workstations.
Are all rides open during this season of fun?
- A few rides where it is difficult to keep a safe distance will remain closed at the start of the season. These are the 4D-film and Sukelluskello at Cinema, Muksupuksu and Panoraama.
- Visitors will also be experiencing the exhilarating speed of Linnunrata eXtra without VR goggles and the terrifying Kammokuja without 3D-goggles this summer.
Can I ride with a friend?
- Groups are very welcome to ride together.
Are all free rides and play areas open?
- Muksupuksu, Cinema’s 4D Sukelluskello HA-1, Panoraama and the Journey to the Centre of the Earth play area are taking a break for the time being. Some of the mirrors of the Path of Laughs have also escaped and can be found elsewhere in the park. Can you find all the escaped mirrors?
Will you be helping customers to board like normal?
What measures have been taken to ensure good hygiene in the amusement park?
- The cleanliness of the amusement park and good hygiene has always been very important to us here at Linnanmäki. We are increasing the general cleaning of the park a lot for this season. We have also increased the number of cleaners.
- Linnanmäki has many bathrooms where customers can wash their hands during their day in the park. We have also added a large number of hand sanitizer dispensers throughout the park, as well as five new hand washing stations, which are located near the following food outlets: Kioski Strösseli, Kioski Sirkus, Vekkula-kioski, LintsiBurger and ice cream kiosk Spice Ice.
Events during the 2020 season
Will Linnanmäki be hosting its normal events during the 2020 season (dances, sing-alongs, gigs)?
- Unfortunately the exceptional circumstances have forced us to cancel Linnanmäki’s events for this season. That is why there will not be any concerts, dances, or sing-alongs at Linnanmäki.
Will the traditional Rolle’s Day take place this year at Linnanmäki?
- Because of the exceptional circumstances we are unfortunately unable to organise Rolle's Day, because visitor numbers may be too high.
Will the horror week iik!week take place this year?
- Because of the exceptional circumstances we are unfortunately unable to organise our horror event this year, but we trust that the popular iik!week will return in 2021 to entertain our horror-hungry visitors.
My child loves Rolle the Clown. Are we allowed to hug Linnanmäki’s mascot Rolle the Clown in the park this year?
- This year Rolle the Clown and his friends will cheer up visitors with a wave. We can hug him again next year!
Can we use pavement chalk like in previous years?
- This year we are not offering shared pavement chalk, but instead you can purchase your own chalk form our shops or Kioski Herkkupuoti across from Pellen Talo and make drawings on the paved area near Estradi.
What can I do to improve all visitors’ day in the amusement park?
- Please only come to the park if you are well. If, however, you start to feel ill, please be responsible and leave the park immediately. If you fall ill in the amusement park and you have to wait for a safe ride home, we have reserved a specific area for this purpose. Our Fun Masters can give you more information.
- Please remember to cough into your sleeve, to immediately throw used tissues in the bin, and to wash or disinfect your hands straight away afterwards. Please pay extra attention to hand hygiene and keep your paws clean while having fun! You can find more detailed instructions from the Finnish institute for health and welfare (THL) here (in Finnish).